Friday, September 27, 2013

The Value of Exercise

I am a big believer in exercise, and here is an article that tells how it can help me think better.  "Why Do I Think Better After I Exercise?"by Justin Rhodes appeared in Scientific American.  Check out the article for a scientific answer to the question.

Leaders have to be at the top of their thinking games, and exercise can help.  I exercise every morning before I come to work, and I try to take a walk during the noon hour if I can get away.  Some staff in my department are using standing desks now to get away from sitting down so much.  Whenever I walk around campus, I try hard to take the stairs whenever possible.  Sometimes I go out of my way to include extra stairs.  Every little bit helps.

If you need to rev up your thinking engine, get up and move around.

No comments:

Post a Comment